Strengthening Feminist Movements (SFM)
The grant Strengthening Feminist Movements (SFM) by "Women's Fund Asia" supports IFN, to strengthen legal awareness and understanding of community safety nets among the LBT community, and create public awareness on the challenges faced by LBT community and their rights, as a response to the backlash and violence against LBT Individuals.
IFN work to conduct a detailed study on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (LBT) community of Nepal. IFN is implementing various Advocacy campaigns like Abanormal which is the platform to discuss sensitive issues like politics, gender, religion, national census etc in a light and understandable way for the general public via social media, mainstream media, and engagement with state authorities, to ensure that the concerns and risks faced by LBT persons in Nepal are addressed.
- Strengthen understanding and articulation of LBT persons on gender Identities and sexual orientations, and legal rights.
- Sensitization of the public on LBT issues.
- Raise issues of LBT communities at the national level.
- Discussions for questioning or newly identified LBT persons on sexual and gender identities, legal rights through online platforms.
- Graffiti, video screening and discussions on LBT rights for public sensitization.
- A national level agenda setting, regarding status of LBT community post COVID19. To raise the issues, facts and stories through various mediums from people of the community faced during COVID crisis.
- Increased understanding of at least 50 newly identified LBT persons on gender and sexual Identities and their legal rights.
- Positive change in perception of wider community through creative advocacy.
- LBT issues highlighted as a priority at the national level with multi stakeholders.
Project Period : 15th September 2020 to 30th September 2021
Posted on : Mon, 14 Jun, 2021