Feminist Resilience (Kaagapay)
The grant "Feminist Resilience" by "Women Fund's Asia is to support interventions by Inclusive Forum Nepal in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The project is to conduct a detailed study on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (LBT) community from diverse background such as geography, age, sexual orientation and gender of Nepal. The project will also focus on empowering LBT community by providing skillful and leadership training to strength the community.
Feminist Resilience also implement various advocacy campaigns that focus on awareness-raising materials and Public Service Announcement(PSA). Through this activity IFN has disseminate information about: March Movement, Census, LGBTIQ+ rights and Testimonial for Pride Month via social media, mainstream media and engagement with state authorities.
- To sensitize government authorities about issues faced by the LBT community in Nepal.
- To develop a comprehensive overview of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on LBT women in Nepal, for use in future work, and
- To empower and increase the leadership capacities of LBT community members in advocating for their rights.
- Detailed study about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the LBT community in Nepal, that will inform future work by the organization.
- Advocacy campaigns via social media, mainstream media, and engagement with law and policy makers, to raise awareness about the issues faced by LBT individuals in the context of COVID-19.
- Providing leadership and stress management training sessions for LBT women.
- Funding a Master certification in Psychosocial Counselling for one LBT woman staff member from Inclusive Forum Nepal,
- Distribution of relief packages (food, health kits, and cash support) to LBT women community members who were unable to receive government relief packages.
- Improved understanding of the risks and issues faced by LBT women during times of crisis, including among policy makers.
- LBT women will be empowered to advocate for their rights, and
- Immediate essential needs of LBT women will be met.
Project Period : 15th September 2020 to 31st August 2021
Posted on : Mon, 14 Jun, 2021